12 Week Balanced Fitness Accelerator Program:
Value: £1700 Today £1,100
3 Payments Option £366
Whats inside our 12 Week Balanced Fitness Accelerator Program:
- 12 Personal Training Session
- Tailored Training Program
- Functional Movement Assessment
- Stress Management Home Exercises
- Personalised Meditation
- Adrenal, Cortisol Dysfunction
- Oestrogen, Testosterone Levels
- Testosterone Levels
- Brain/HPA Dysfunction
- Liver Function
Nutrition: Metabolic Typing®
- Online Metabolic Typing® Test
- Metabolic Type® Report
- Personalised MT® Eating Plan
- Starter Meal Plans
- Individualised MT® Supplement List
Hormone Test Details
Why Test Adrenal Gland Stress Hormone?
The adrenal glands produce the complementary hormones Cortisol and Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). This hormone test involve a series of dried urine tests that measures the level of Cortisol four times daily to establish its circadian rhythm. Additionally, this test measures a two-sample average of the sulfated form of DHEA (DHEA-S), and related metabolites including Progesterone, Oestradiol, Oestriol, Testosterone. Assessing the Cortisol rhythm and DHEA-S average is a critical first step in new client evaluation as well as a fundamental component in follow-up problem solving.
Adrenal Dysfunction may be associated with the following symptoms:
• Chronic Stress and related health problems;
• Excessive Fatigue;
• Low Blood Pressure;
• Sweet Cravings;
• Premenstrual Tension;
• Epigastric Discomfort;
• Alternating Diarrhoea and Constipation;
• Poor Resistance to Infection;
• Diminished sex drive.
• Migraine Headaches;
• Dizziness Upon Standing;
• Poor Memory;
• Inability to Concentrate;
• Excessive Hunger;
• Alcohol Intolerance;
• Food and/or Inhalant Allergies;
• Sternocleidomastoid/Trapezius Pain and Spasms;
• Low body temperature;
• Tenderness in Adrenal area;
Cortisol, which is best known for stimulating gluconeogenesis (breaking down muscle to release sugar), is essential for normal glycogenolysis (formation of glycogen, stored carbohydrates). Cortisol affects the heart, vasculature, blood pressure, water excretion, and electrolyte balance. It mobilises protein stores in all tissues except the liver; it mobilises fatty acids from adipose; it is the precursor of cortisone and acts as an anti-inflammatory; and it is the primary hormone directing immune function.
Cortisol can stimulate or inhibit gene transcription, promote apoptosis, and affect bone metabolism and calcium dynamics.
It affects behaviour, mood, neural activity, and a variety of central nervous system biochemical processes. Cortisol affects the eyes, gastrointestinal tract, reproductive function, and the production and clearance of other classes of hormones. It is a major marker of the complex control loops regulating the sex hormones. The general effect of excess Cortisol is usually stimulatory and catabolic; a deficiency of Cortisol usually results in a slowing of physiology.
To determine the Cortisol circadian rhythm, the sum of four individual Cortisol levels is taken at specified intervals throughout the day.
In the Presence Of Stressors
In the presence of stressors, the body almost immediately attempts to increase Cortisol levels. This increase is associated with both endocrine and autonomic responses in preparing the body to defend itself normally. However, elevated Cortisol levels for extended periods negatively affect virtually every aspect of physiology.
For example, it becomes more difficult to maintain proper blood sugar levels; to slow down for rest, recovery, and repair; to get good quality sleep; to balance other hormones; to maintain mucosal immune integrity; to maintain bone mass, to produce effective general immune function; to effectively regulate inflammatory processes; or to detoxify the body. Without proper intervention, continued high adrenal stimulation can lead to adrenal exhaustion and lowered Cortisol levels. Eventually adrenal or cardiac failure can occur.
DHEA is the major precursor of testosterone and the oestrogen's. It becomes active at puberty. The more stable, sulfated form of DHEA is DHEA-S, which provides a more reliable measure of DHEA levels than DHEA itself. We report the average of two DHEAS values-DHEA is an important modulator of many physiological processes. It promotes the growth and repair of protein tissue (especially muscle), and acts as a counter-regulatory agent to Cortisol, negating many of the harmful effects of continued excess Cortisol. When increased demand for Cortisol is prolonged, DHEA levels decline. DHEA then is no longer able to balance the negative effects of excess Cortisol.
Depressed DHEA levels serve as an early warning of potential adrenal exhaustion. A chronic imbalance between adrenal stimulation and Cortisol and/or DHEA output is associated with a multitude of both clinical and subclinical systemic disorders, some of which are listed below. Chronically depressed DHEA output results in an imbalance in sex hormones. Abnormal Cortisol and/or DHEA values (either elevated or depressed) result in a decrease in the activity of the immunocytes that produce secretory IgA (sIgA). SIgA provides a mucosal first-line immune defense against virtually every pathogen, including parasites, protozoa, yeasts, fungi, bacteria, and viruses. SIgA also provides a normal immune response to regularly encountered food proteins. Dysfunctional mucosal immunity is associated with an increased risk of infections and of adverse food reactions.
Personal Training Details
At Balanced Fitness we will give you the sort of Personal Training experience that will shift your perspective on what service quality means.
All our trainers are highly qualified with the knowledge and expertise to get the results you want – and they are 100% committed to bringing out the absolute best in you.
As our reputation is based on results we aim to deliver a bespoke, holistic and science-based program that moves you towards your goals in the fastest possible time.
Our personal training workouts are fun, focussed and engaging – they fuse weight training, kettlebells, cables, bodyweight exercices, vibration training and advanced stretching techniques to keep you motivated and to improve your fitness beyond what you ever thought was possible.
If you are looking to shape up, lose weight or look amazing for a special occasion, Balanced Fitness Personal Training Edinburgh will help you succeed!
Metabolic Typing® Details
With Our online Metabolic Typing® Test. This is a complex computer program that prioritises and weighs your answers to determine your Metabolic Type®. No lab tests, clinical testing, or questionnaire can do this other than our system.
We are the only authentic source of Metabolic Typing® worldwide and we’ve been researching, developing and refining Metabolic Type® testing for over 35 years. The assessment questionnaire will take around 20-30 minutes to complete. There are 150 questions but they are not very difficult and are only about you. But if you need to take a break before you are done you can return and finish at your convenience.
- Metabolic Type® Report — your personalised report describing the results of your own Metabolic Typing® Assessment. This report not only describes your personal Metabolic Type®, but also shows the relative balances between the various systems that determine your type of metabolism. This allows you to compare future test results and chart your progress as you achieve better health through improved metabolic balance. To see a sample report,
- Personalised Metabolic Type® Eating Plan — the heart of your Metabolic Typing®. recommendations. Your 349 item food list details exactly the right foods for your specific Metabolic Type® and identifies all the foods you should avoid.
- Individualised Metabolic Type® Supplement List — the right nutritional supplements specifically created and combined only for your unique Metabolic Type® . These supplements are unlike any others – they utilise the exact forms and balances of the vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, herbs and enzymes shown to be supportive of your particular kind of metabolism. Our unique Metabolic Type®. Supplements are the highest quality available, affordable, and easy-to-order.
- Starter Meal Plans
- Eating Right Guidelines — to ensure that you get the correct balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. For over 35 years, Metabolic Typing® has demonstrated that it’s just as important to eat the right ratios of proteins, fats and carbs for your Metabolic Type®, as it is to eat the right foods for your Metabolic Type®. It makes all the difference in the world in correcting low energy, mood swings, cravings, and a desire for sweets or stimulants.
- Shopping Guidelines — to take the guess work out of your weekly trip to the market. Learn how to properly choose fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, and other healthy foods for your Metabolic Type®, and how to avoid deceptively labeled and cleverly disguised poor quality foods. Proper nutrition for your Metabolic Type® begins at the market.
- Cooking Guidelines — Improper cooking methods can greatly reduce the nutritional content of your foods, and even make normally healthful foods quite unhealthy. These instructions will help insure that you do not make common food preparation mistakes nearly everyone makes that often undermine good health. Healthy food can even become dangerous if cooked wrong. Learn what’s right.
- Cooking Whole Grains Guide — Whole grains are always more nutritious and healthful than processed grains, but most people do not know what they are or how to prepare them. Use these simple instructions to learn how to properly select, prepare and cook whole grains, including many you probably didn’t even know existed! The world of whole grains offers fun and healthful exploration that can begin with this tutorial.
- Cooking with Fats & Oils Guide — Yes, you can have fats and oils in your diet!! In fact, they are critical for all Metabolic Types® – but only if utilised correctly. Learn which ones become unhealthy when heated, which can tolerate high heat, which need to be refrigerated or remain unharmed by storage at room temperature, and which ones nearly everyone uses that are unhealthy for all.